Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Poem: Blank Page, Empty Mind

a blank page, an empty mind
that is all, I guess it's fine
a lonely heart, cold as death
chills my soul, I cannot rest
a fiery hate, against myself
and yet so cold, my Love I shelf
another day, another time
I'd 'had it all', I thought I was fine
Love was warm, so was my heart
I let myself fall, I tore it apart
I tried to open, let happiness in
nothing but air, I felt empty, thin
so I filled up the hole, with thoughts of remorse
and thus set the tracks, of this self-destructive course
I don't let anybody in, and nothing out
on the outside I grin, on the inside I pout
I've shattered my soul, divided myself
I'm part of a whole, a fragment of 'self'
a piece of the puzzle, a drop from the glass
a word of the sentence, a memory long past
voices in my head, they scream, they whine
but on the outside I just smile, so simply I do say,"Yes, I'm fine."

© ZephyrAnjoyo 2010

1 comment:

ZephyrAnjoyo said...

I gotta think of something else to write about :D lol